Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Sol Azteca

Website: http://solaztecanc.com

My wife was in the mood for Mexican and so when we planned out our menus for the week, we planned that Tuesday would be go out to a Mexican restaurant night.

After doing a search and finding a review we thought we had found a winner. (and it was only a few miles from our temporary apartment.)

I had even found a coupon for 99 cent margaritas.

We got there and were one of the only people there. That wasn't too much of a warning because it was a dark and stormy night....

Anyway, it started out with chips and very bad salsa. This was not homemade and probably came in large containers from some restaurant supply place cheap.

I ordered a margarita, and it was the smallest one I have ever seen. But hey, it was only 99 cents...

The menu was not encouraging, but there was still a possibility...

I ordered Carne Asada, my wife ordered Arroz con Pollo, and my kids ordered tacos and enchiladas.

The food was all very bland, with not very good presentation. The service was ok, but not great.

The bill came and it was $1.99 each for the margaritas. I gave the guy my coupon and the manager came over telling me that it wasn't a coupon but an advertisement for their drink specials. I said, "ok, but you charged me $1.99". He said that he would give me 10% off the bill. I did some quick math and realized that would save me $3 so it wasn't worth arguing about the $2. (I would hate to win an argument to lose $1.)

Rating: 2 stars

No comments: